Good afternoon from a bright but breezy Essex. I trust your weekend is fabulous?
Well, i finally finished making my journal from recycled Christmas cards following a video by the wonderful Jellibellie. Click HERE to view it for yourself and make one.
I began this a few weeks back but then lost interest as im prone to do. The thought of painting or covering the cards seemed too daunting. However, then i got me a brayer to use on my Gelli plate and its made the whole thing so much easier. I only covered one side of the cards as im planning to use papers on the other and so it took me a couple of hours this morning and they were done. Simples!
I’m pretty pleased with the overall effect.
Here’s how it came out
|work in progress, brayering the individual cards|
|front cover made using gelli plate|
|back cover via Gelli plate too|
|love how the spine looks with the ends of the ribbon|
|from the top down|
|i used ribbon for my closure|
Dont know what i’ll use it for yet but i’m glad i’ve made it.